[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3750: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
Bookbinding • View topic - Trying to find what I think is called "Book Board"<!-- MOD : MSSTI RSS Feeds (V1.2.1) - Start //--><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Bookbinding" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php" /> <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - New posts" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=newposts" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - All forums" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=forums" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - All Topics" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=topics" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - All posts" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=posts" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Attachments" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=attachments" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Forum Wanted" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?f=11" /><!-- MOD : MSSTI RSS Feeds (V1.2.1) - End //-->
 ATTENTION GUESTS: Please register to view all sections 
newsNews
rssRSS

Trying to find what I think is called "Book Board"

Looking for supplies, lessons, etc...? This is the forum for it!

Trying to find what I think is called "Book Board"

Postby Jean on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:05 pm

I am trying to find what I think is called "book board". (the stuff you make hard covers with). I am a hobby bookbinder and in the past I have used very thin plywood, or laminated plywood to do the job.

I spent about an hour trying to find it with google but it keeps bringing up websites for office binders, Officeworks etc. which is really beginning to irritate me. The thing is though ... I live in Perth, Western Australia. ... I have found many website in the USA and a few on the eastern states of Australia which are no help to me. I want to be able to go into the shop and pick what I want. ... I am thinking that maybe if someone could suggest some magic search words or key words for me to run through google that might help ... maybe I am calling it by the wrong name. Or even better still, maybe I could just get lucky and an one of you clever people here could just point me to the right place ... ( am I dreaming again? )

thank you,
Jean

Re: Trying to find what I think is called "Book Board"

Postby bookbum on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:17 pm

It's also called Davey Board.

I don't know where you're located for local suppliers but on line to to www.talasonline.com
Dan
One of the Bookbums @
Ish Kabibble Books

Never stop learning!
bookbum

Postby Miss Lauren on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Hello,
I bought mine on-line at .
At this particular site, they call it "Binder's Board".
Also. if you google either "Davey Board" or "Binder's Board", plenty of results come up.
Hope this helps!
Miss Lauren
Miss Lauren

Postby edenworkshops on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:25 am

The softer of the two most commonly used boards used in bookbinding is also known as Grey Board, the harder of the two is known as Mill board.

Richard

edenworkshops

Return to Wanted