[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3750: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
Bookbinding • View topic - Printing onto a textblock via personal printer.<!-- MOD : MSSTI RSS Feeds (V1.2.1) - Start //--><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Bookbinding" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php" /> <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - New posts" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=newposts" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - All forums" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=forums" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - All Topics" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=topics" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - All posts" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=posts" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Attachments" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=attachments" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Forum Printing" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?f=9" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Topic Printing onto a textblock via personal printer." href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?f=9&t=189" /><!-- MOD : MSSTI RSS Feeds (V1.2.1) - End //-->
 ATTENTION GUESTS: Please register to view all sections 
newsNews
rssRSS

Printing onto a textblock via personal printer.

Just like it says folk, only printing here

Re: Printing onto a textblock via personal printer.

Postby ENT on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:26 pm

I'm assuming that you want to print on an 8-1/2 X 11 sheet and fold it down to 5-1/2 X 8-1/2. 8-1/2 X 11 grain generally runs parallel to the 11 inch direction, called grain long. If you can find a paper store like Xpedx you could ask if they can sell you 8-1/2 X 11 grain short. You also could get some 11 X 17 running grain long (which should be available at Staples) and have it cut down to 8-1/2 X 11.

Hope this helps.
ENT

Postby kitekook on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:24 am

In answer to your second question:

Don't try to take apart one of the text blocks from Hollander's for printing. I use their text blocks for journals and they are put together very well - sewn and GLUED then mull attached. It would really be iffy to get the paper flat enough to run through your printer without hang-ups, let alone trying to remove the mull, adhesive and sewing without destroying it.
Dan
Bookbums Bindery
Ish Kabibble Books

Never stop learning!
kitekook

Postby HastingsIV on Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:35 am

Yes that was what I was thinking myself after a bit more reading. I think what I will end up doing is to just purchase an already printed novel, and then make my own cover for it. Perhaps one day I waill have enough experiance to do it all from scratch, and I assume at that point ill know how to do this craft much better.

In a related note, I ordered supplies from hollanders to rebind my first book. Need a few things from Talas, and then I will be ready to try my hand at a fabric bound hardcover. I am actually excited over this hehe. :D
HastingsIV

Postby edenworkshops on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:35 am

I have had to remove a lot of adhesive from newly bound books, and it is a horrible labour as it is virtualy impossible to remove all the hot melt adhesive from the spine.

Sounds like a much better idea to get a nice copy of the book and re-bind it.

Richard

edenworkshops

Postby HastingsIV on Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:25 am

Yeah, thats what I will be doing. I found a nice edition at borders that I will be picking up sometime. Everything I ordered at Hollanders came the otherday, except for my book board which they forgot to send. They were really nice to work with though and sent the board out as soon as I notified them. They even sent along an apology note. Really nice folk.
HastingsIV

Return to Printing