[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3750: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
Bookbinding • View topic - Thames and Hudson manual on bookbinding
Books on Bookbinding and related topic recommended by our members

Thames and Hudson manual on bookbinding

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:07 am

Hello displacedwolf

There is more than one way to skin the cat.

I would suggest getting hold of a copy of the Thames & Hudson manual on bookbinding. # ISBN-10: 0500680116
# ISBN-13: 978-0500680117.

This simple manual got me through the first two years as a binder, there are many other manuals of course, someone else might swear by another, as I say there is more than one way to skin the cat.

This manual is simple to understand, I recommend it.

Richard shivering violently by the pool in France

Re: Thames and Hudson manual on bookbinding

Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:28 pm

The Thames and Hudson manual is the one I always turn to when I try something new. I loved the bit when I was trying out leather hinges and doublures for the first time and read that if I ended up with creases in the hinge it was due entirely to my own ineptitude!