[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3750: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
Bookbinding • View topic - no help, no nothing<!-- MOD : MSSTI RSS Feeds (V1.2.1) - Start //--><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Bookbinding" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php" /> <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - New posts" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=newposts" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - All forums" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=forums" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - All Topics" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=topics" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - All posts" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=posts" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Attachments" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=attachments" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Forum Venting" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?f=5" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Topic no help, no nothing" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?f=5&t=597" /><!-- MOD : MSSTI RSS Feeds (V1.2.1) - End //-->
 ATTENTION GUESTS: Please register to view all sections 
newsNews
rssRSS

no help, no nothing

Let out the excess steam here!!!!

no help, no nothing

Postby pauladalessandro on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:30 pm

Since I started binding I've experienced a lack of help from experts (or advanced non experts), so I started looking for a worldwide forum in bookbinding so I could actually learn something. I have to say I am very dissapointed.

I guess I was expecting a warmer crowd, but what the hell.

I will continue experimenting and I'll learn from my own mistakes
pauladalessandro

Re: no help, no nothing

Postby DanielCoffey on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:45 am

If you are not happy about using this free forum, you could look for another? You did read the fact that this is a fully moderated forum before joining it I assume.

I don't want to poach members from this forum so I won't offer you any links. If you use Google to look for, say, "bookbinding forum" you may find other places to chat about bookbinding.
DanielCoffey

Postby edenworkshops on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Have you thought of taking a course in bookbinding? That way you are guaranteed the attention of experts.

Richard

edenworkshops

Postby Shea_M on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:13 pm

In my personal and limited experience, I've found that those who are accomplished and considered experts are hesitant to provide information for a couple of reasons: 1) it's likely that they've paid for much of their education, and 2) many bookbinding experts have spent more time learning their profession than most surgeons. Given that, I'm sure you can understand why some remain quiet.

It's also my opinion that many tips, techniques, etc. need to be shown rather than described.

There are several instructional videos available for purchase, all of which would likely be of help to you. A search via your favorite search engine would no doubt turn up many good leads for you.

Also, stay vocal. There's no harm in asking questions. Join as many forums or groups as you can. You might also try searching, if you haven't already, for any bookbinding groups local to you, such as at an arts center.
Shea_M

Return to Venting