[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3750: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
Bookbinding • View topic - Yahoo
Let out the excess steam here!!!!

Yahoo

Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:36 am

I hate this forum, and wish we could go back to Yahoo. from the number of registered users it looks like I'm not alone

I hate this Forum

Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:04 pm

Sorry Gene, your wish is not likely to fulfill, the Forum is only a week old and I would say that 100 members in one week is not that bad. If you knew about the numbers of subscribers to the yahoo list with bouncing emails, you would adjust your thoughts. The fact is that the list has outlived its usefulness, sparse posts and repetitive inquiries. Give this forum a chance, that's all I am asking.

Do you have anything positive to say about it or any suggestion to make it more pleasing to your taste?

Denis
Last edited by admin on Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: I hate this Forum

Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:29 am

Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:31 am

Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:35 am

New Forum

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:57 pm

I am really happy to give this new forum a chance. The old one got very bogged down and I wish people would just give things a chance before criticising. Keep up the good work Denis.

John K

this forum vs yahoo

Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:31 am

It's different, but not that difficult a style to work with. I was on another yahoo group that the moderator decided to clean up. She repeatedly posted that for the next month anyone interested in staying in the group should post a hello, even though the rules usually required content. After a month more than 900 people were dropped. There are now slightly more than 100 people on the list.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:46 am

For people used to a mailing list (where you always get all new posts in your mailbox) a forum like this might seem harder to read, but there are some useful tricks.

First of all, you CAN subscribe to e-mail digests. You can not respond to them, but for reading it works.

You can subscribe to just certain topics if you want to.

Second, on the forum index page, top right, there is a quick search link for: View posts since last visit.

That's the way I read almost all forums I visit. Clicking it gives you a list with all topics that have new posts since your last visit. In that list i Shift-click (hold shift key down and click) to open each topic in a new window. I open a handful topics like that, Shift-click, Alt-TAB (to get back to the search result), shift-click, Alt-TAB. When I think I have enogh topics open I read them and close them when done. If there are more unread I repeat the process.

Also, when clicking on a topic in that list, click on the "arrow to page" symbol on the left side and you automatically get to the first new post in the topic (so you won't have to scroll).

Give it a chance

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:04 am

Welcome Richard

Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:29 pm

Well thank you Richard, glad you joined the forum, as you said, small steps lead to long journeys, I know it is difficult to change but the Bookbinding list was getting so monotonous that that I felt like giving up on it. In a way I did, but the discussion will continue here. There will be trial an errors on making this forum work, but with a little help from my friends on the forum, we will succeed.

If it get too cold in the south, you can always turn the pool into an ice skating ring.

Have a great day.

denis

releasing the old yahoo group

Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:41 pm

Hi Denis,
Now that we have all had a chance to "try out" this forum I assume there are many of us who would prefer to go back to the old format on yahoo but they tell me that it has to be released by you before they will let someone else moderate it. Since you obviously don't want to use it any more will you release it to me?
Thanks
Dave Allen

yahoo forum

Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:46 pm