[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 930: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 930: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Bookbinding • View topic - Rare and old-time bookbinding machines
 ATTENTION GUESTS: Please register to view all sections 
newsNews
rssRSS

Rare and old-time bookbinding machines

This is were members other than suppliers offer bookbinding oriented merchandise for sale.

Moderator: Shea_M

Rare and old-time bookbinding machines

Postby Viden on Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:54 am

Dear all,

My name is Violin Tomov. I am from Sofia, Bulgaria. My grandfather (1899 - 1976) was a bookbinder. I still keep 3 very old machines from his workshop.

The machines are:

1. Hot-stamping machine, produced by "Josef Anger & Soehne", Vienna, Hernals. Josef Anger (1823-1882) was a famous inventor, born in Czech Republic, later moved to Vienna, Austria, after that - to USA - where he works for the famous Singer & Co, and finally - he returns to Vienna where his sons joned the company and from that moment the company name becomes "Josef Anger & Soehne".
2. Punch-press, produced in Germany, operated by Siemens electric motor (produced by Siemens-Schukertwerke - the very first name of Siemens).
3. 1300 mm bookbinding german paper-knife.

I have tried to upload the photos here, but they are too havy-sized for this form.

In case of interest, please contact me at violin61@yahoo.com.

With kind regards,

Violin Tomov
Viden

Return to For sale