ATTENTION GUESTS: Please register to view all sections 
newsNews
rssRSS

posts to the Forum are now moderated

This is for announcement of new features and news about this bulletin board.
Like the title says folks, do not post your bookbinding topics there!

posts to the Forum are now moderated

Postby admin on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:46 am

Dear members,

due to the daily amount of spam, I have decided to moderated all posts, you will experience a delay between the time you posted the message and the time it appears, usually no more than a few hours as I check the Forum everyday.
Thank you for participating.
Denis.
admin
Site Admin

Re: posts to the Forum are now moderated

Postby Brynn on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:28 am

Hi , i can understand this , but isnt there a way of letting confirmed members posts to not be moderated ? ,i think its a great site , but i tend not to post much because of this delay , the longest wait ive had was over a week ! , i think its hard enough to get a sense of community as it is , but the delay virtually kills any chance of this , anyway sorry if i offend with these comments.
Brynn

Re: posts to the Forum are now moderated

Postby Shea_M on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:13 am

Hi, Brynn.

The forum only allows for one or the other -- moderation or none. The admin provided me with moderation privileges after I volunteered to help approve/disapprove posts in a timely manner. I check the forum throughout the day, so please be assured that posts will be approved quickly. The amount of spam that hits the forum is ludicrous. I disapprove more spam than I do legitimate posts, so I believe the decision to moderate posts to be a good one.

Happy posting!

S.
Shea_M

Return to Administration