Thank you for your advice, and I apologize for taking so long to post this. I didn't have the stacks of paper you mentioned, but I did have a little (5 1/2" x 4") paper-back book that the cover had all but been torn off of. So,I decided to tackle that. The main "problem" I had was that the paper tube for the spine turned out too wide. I'm not sure what I did wrong, since I thought(
) I followed the directions I had read in several places. I also learned the importance of a good razor blade. When I went to cut the binder's board for the cover, the blade wasn't held in the knife well enough, so it wiggled and cut my board all crooked... I have yet to attach the cover, but it will be made of black book cloth.
When it is attached, I will post again.