ATTENTION GUESTS: Please register to view all sections 
newsNews
rssRSS

I want to make a book for my girlfriends birthday.

This is the Forum for the art of Bookbinding, post your questions and answers about bookbinding here.

Moderator: denis

I want to make a book for my girlfriends birthday.

Postby Munatic on Thu May 25, 2017 11:25 pm

Hello, for my girlfriend's birthday (August 15th) I want to make her a book. I don't have too much money and really want to do something meaningful for her.I really don't know where to start or the feasibility of what I want to do. She is very into creative writing and draws most of her inspiration from nature. She plans to hike all 140ish state parks in PA and currently has been to about 40 of them. I'm thinking I want to make a book that has a page for every state park in PA, so she has all of her writings in one spot, and maybe pockets to store maps, pictures and that kind of thing. I also want to leave a bunch of pages at the end for other ramblings she might have. Can anybody give me some guidance on how I might get started on such a project? Is it feasible? Will it be expensive? I really don't know the first thing about building books. Sorry if this isn't the right forum for this type of question, if its not can somebody point me to a better place to ask?
Munatic

Return to Bookbinding