ATTENTION GUESTS: Please register to view all sections 
newsNews
rssRSS

Red Flex Board

This is the Forum for the art of Bookbinding, post your questions and answers about bookbinding here.

Moderator: denis

Red Flex Board

Postby rmmy1313 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:03 am

I started binding sketchbooks for personal use a few months back, since then I do get the occasional "hey, where'd you get that book from?" And that made me adventure into making more sketchbooks and eventually into hard bound books on request. I started looking around for different places to pick up supplies and stubbled upon talasonline.com. Great place that sells supplies by bulk if you want. Anyways on to my question.... I noticed that they have a product called "Red Flex Board" in their davey board section. I was wondering if anyone has used this product before and your experience with it if you have. I wanted to use it for wrap around covers, in place of leather. Any input would be appreciated, or if you have another material suggestion. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, with no answers I can always throw a few dollars at it and try it out myself.
rmmy1313

Re: Red Flex Board

Postby Miss Lauren on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:45 pm

It's been a while since you posted your question; you've probably already experimented... but for what it's worth - I have used talas' flex boards as boards inside covers (in place of davey board as I was making a flexible cover.). I wasn't happy with it for the use I needed - they were too stiff. I wasn't sure what you meant by wrap around covers, but I hope that helps! :)
~Miss Lauren
Miss Lauren

Return to Bookbinding