[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3750: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3126)
Bookbinding • View topic - Questions about Bookbinding by hand<!-- MOD : MSSTI RSS Feeds (V1.2.1) - Start //--><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Bookbinding" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php" /> <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - New posts" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=newposts" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - All forums" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=forums" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - All Topics" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=topics" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - All posts" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=posts" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Attachments" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?mode=attachments" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Forum Bookbinding" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?f=1" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feeds - Topic Questions about Bookbinding by hand" href="http://www.bookbindingforum.com/forum/rss.php?f=1&t=855" /><!-- MOD : MSSTI RSS Feeds (V1.2.1) - End //-->
 ATTENTION GUESTS: Please register to view all sections 
newsNews
rssRSS

Questions about Bookbinding by hand

This is the Forum for the art of Bookbinding, post your questions and answers about bookbinding here.

Moderator: denis

Questions about Bookbinding by hand

Postby jormunrekkr on Tue May 14, 2013 10:44 pm

I discovered to be interested in bookbinding after being deceived so many times by the cheapness of paperback books and the expensiveness of hardcover books.
I begun searching the web in hope to find and process enough information to start my path into this hobby. I took a full day of research out of my free time on the subject of bookbinding by hand. The information is scattered everywhere across the web, sometimes too much advanced for my need and most of the time it is too brief for any use i wish to make out of this art. My researches left me quite frustrated.

Here, i turn myself to this forum in hope for someone to give me the answers i seek.

Is it possible to dismantle the pages of a softcover book, without damaging any components, only to re-assemble the book afterwards using only glue ?
In other terms I'm asking : How to neatly unglue the pages of a softcover book form its cover ?and How to bind a softcover book from individual non-folded pages ?

I am thankful in advance for whom who might give me answers.

Also, where is located substantial yet concise information about bookbinding on the web ?

Thank you.
jormunrekkr

Re: Questions about Bookbinding by hand

Postby edenworkshops on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:06 pm

There are ways of gluing single pages together that I have seen to be quite robust, I refer to "fan binding".

Our website at edenworkshops.com is packed with information, including 12 manuals on subjects related to bookbinding and an ever expanding library of back issues of the Bookbinders Digest, a monthly periodical that seeks to provide items of interest to bookbinders and book lovers.

Richard

edenworkshops

Return to Bookbinding