ATTENTION GUESTS: Please register to view all sections 
newsNews
rssRSS

Bookbinding/Chipboard Questions

This is the Forum for the art of Bookbinding, post your questions and answers about bookbinding here.

Moderator: denis

Bookbinding/Chipboard Questions

Postby jjenson252 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:49 am

Hello! I am new to book binding. I am interested in making a photo album with a three ring binder. I am looking for the best place to buy chipboard. I need to have a die cut window and I want the chipboard to be heavy. Does anyone know the best weight of chipboard to use. Also, I foudn 8.5 d ring mechanisms, does anyone know where I can get them colored Or where I can get a smaller d ring mechanism. I am covering my book with a linen fabric. It is pretty tough. What should I use in between the fabric and chipboard. I covered it once without anything behind it. The spine was very flimsy. I would like to add a picture so I can show you what type of book I want to make. What is the best glue to use? Where can I get photo sleeves that will fit in a 9.5 x9.5 book? I know these are a lot of questions, but I really want to make this book. I am looking for a place that I can get a lot of chipboard.

Thank You!
jjenson252

Return to Bookbinding